If looking for a tasty way to enhance your nutrition or just take off a few pounds, it’s hard to ignore the advantages of a whole food plant-based diet.
One of the better whole food plant-based diets
For those of you that took the challenge earlier in the year, you likely remember some of the tasty recipes below.
• Hearty Chili Mac with Cornbread Muffins
• Veggie Fajitas with Mexican Corn Salad
• Costa Rican Rice and Beans
• Quickie Quesadillas
• Barbecue-Style Portobellos with Quinoa Pilaf
• Pita Pizzas
The good news is that the 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart” diet” has been revised and the online version is still free. Here is a short list of new features.
• A completely updated 21-day meal plan
• Delicious and healthy plant-based recipes
from around the world
• Recipe directions with step-by-step photos
• Twenty-one new videos covering topics
ranging from carbs and protein to weight loss and
• Daily push notifications to keep you inspired
• A customizable grocery list
• The ability to mark your favorite recipes
To get started, just click this link for the new 21-Day Plant-Based Whole Food Kickstart Diet.
Nancy Neighbors, MD
Romaine Calm. It’s going to be a great diet.
Tips for Surviving the Holidays
Stories of weight gain around the holidays are the new norm for many. The combined effects of more tasty foods than usual along with more couch potato activity can easily add up to an expanding waistline. To offset the seasonal forces working against you try a few of these strategies.
• Maximize plant-based whole foods. These are your weight loss friends. Calorie dense processed foods are the gremlins that add pounds.
• Move more. If you miss a daily walk or a workout, find a way to make it up. Even when the weather is prohibitive for outside activities you can still get exercise inside with an inexpensive pair of hand weights, a hula-hoop, jump rope, or just
dancing to your favorite tunes.
• Explore fun ways to get the family moving. Family gatherings often involve too much sitting around. Perhaps start a new tradition. Instead of sitting around, have everyone share the conversation on a walk. Should the weather be prohibitive, try the Danish way with a silly dance around the Christmas tree. Need more ideas? Try “The Best Christmas Dance Songs For Kids” for more inspiration.
• Rarely is it too cold for a walk. More often we just aren’t dressed properly. Double layers make a big difference in how warm you will feel. With warmer winters we have many more pleasant winter days that don’t call for double layers. Savor every warm winter day.
• Sweet potatoes don’t have to be sweet. Really, there is no need to add sugar to vegetables. Let there be no glazing of carrots this year or marshmallows on the potatoes. There will be enough sugar in your dessert.
• Let go of perfect. Although Aunt Sue’s world
famous pecan pie may have 300 calories, it’s Aunt
Sue’s pie and one piece won’t kill you.